Saturday, October 6, 2012

Anniversary

My quirky mind works by association. Prior to 2009, October 6 was always my "un-birthday," the date of turning age + half. Don’t ask me why this was always so; I barely acknowledge my actual birthday.
Since 2009, 6 October has been and probably always will be the anniversary of the blood hemorrhage that made a sometimes uncomfortable life into something perpetually difficult.
I’ve been in a deep "melancholy" state of late as it is. The blog post records acknowledgment and lets me move on with the day, with my life.
Don’t ask me how I’ve done this through these bleak and darkening three years. Many times I would find myself completely unable to answer.
Today it will be concentrating on getting a fiction story or two out to editors for submission before the glare of the TV used as a computer monitor overwhelms my vision. I don’t submit stories often any more; the task is impeded by the vision and always takes time from everything else.
Perhaps that feeling of so many things left undone is the fuel I use to propel myself forward. I don’t want to look too deeply, though. The blur frustrates me when I look too hard at anything, and I am afraid the charm will lose its magic if I try to understand its workings.

No comments:

Post a Comment