Friday, August 31, 2012

Outright Ranting....

Waking up and starting off the day with too much despair over the climate in this country, difficulties getting things done and other faulty connections to the world. I want the conservatives to shut up, the liberals to actually keep their word, and developers to stop telling me that being known as "J" is wrong....
There’s something karmic that when I publish a post about how changes in Facebook’s design and operating create big pains in my balls, I find I cannot share the post as a link on Facebook without first joining Google Plus.
With the last post I uploaded, it was a matter of just hitting links that had been in the same place since I created the blog last year. I guess because it was so easy a blind guy could do it, so nerdy developer who felt a need to come up with work that would justify his salary felt the need to make things more complicated.
The experience rankles me in ways that I find the election atmosphere irritating. It’s all input from extremes who try to enforce "how things should be" in the world.
People might understand this leap in my addles thinking if they see the gender options, which are "Male," "Female," and "Other." I propose changing "other" to "SSA" for "Something Scientifically Altered." I know this isn’t politically correct. I don’t care. We’ve gotten to the point that extremist want to purge classic novels of historical importance to purge the word nigger without regard to the historical context and importance. I’ve read one with the Wind and will say with absolute certainty that it would not read the same, and when I read (or listen to) something like that, I want the full monty of historical experience. "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" and all that. It’s probably just one of my crazy theories to correlate our repression of unpleasant disparaging things that may be offensive to some people with the rise of repressed rage that ends up spewing out with increased backlash against society...things like nut jobs shooting up movie theaters and kids going to school and shooting the place up.
To make a similar protest against the extremes that impact "my own kind," there are special handling laws for the blind. If a landlord is advertising an apartment, he cannot say "a short walk" to the busline" or "nice view." This is legally discriminatory in some states (including the one I live in) because not everyone (like me) can walk and not everyone (like me) can see. I don’t think that my limitations should be used as a restriction to what other people can say and do.
It all amounts to inconvenience for some based on the limitations and sensitivities and mandates of others.
All I wanted to do is post a link as I have on almost every post for the last year. Facebook has otherwise become mostly useless to me. I still try to do productive things on the computer and still must do things on the computer, but browsing a bright screen is neither comfortable nor pleasant to someone with extreme light sensitivity. I don’t want to join a Google Community. Don’t want to be publishing my birthday or seeming antisocial because I decline invitations to Mafia Wars and Farmville. about things that
That putting myself as "J Kozzi" violates the name policy. I suppose that my name is Jeff but most people call me "Jay" makes me a violation of all that’s right in the world. Clear warning to all you Plus 1’ers: I very obviously lied about my birthday. I am not embarrassed about my age of 43. I don’t need every pseudo friend bogging my limited time with productive vision with trivial birthday wishes, any more than I want my writing time bogged down with page after page of electronic social and privacy disclosures with pictures and contact lists and telling about myself...all on pages complicated enough that the "continue" button is not aligned with the basic page flow and thus necessitate clicking the magnifier on and off so I can search and scroll each page in two direction. And it doesn’t help my surly disposition to have some of those "continues invisible because the Google developers are so afraid I will be lonely online that only the "add more friends" option is in the "continue blue."
I ended up having to close out the window. I assume because they thought I was lacking friends, I got a news feed of people I neither know nor care to know talking about Power Fabric, and this blind guy couldn’t find the escape button that theoretically should have taken me back so I could post my link to Facebook for the "Notifications" post.
In the end, they still had direct links that could have let me link directly, but that was put under an ambiguous "More" link that was nowhere near as prominent as the "Share" link that now only allows Google+ sharing. There’s an hour of my life wasted, especially because the new FB share link would not close properly. This forced me to go to FB and try to navigate more complex and complicated screens just to make sure the link actually went through.
I am not interested in increasing social media. I just want to post the Blindsided! pieces and link them to the social media that I’ve been part of for years and can no longer effectively use. Google, please leave me alone on anything and everything except video clips of your developers getting their skulls bashed in with baseball bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment