Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feedback 2

I have made some specific approaches to the blog.
I’m a guy, so I use the masculine pronoun. I was never that fond of the overly PC BS anyway. Womankind is part of mankind. Get over it.
I have also chosen to use the masculine pronoun in reference to all friends and acquaintances mentioned in this blog, no matter what circumstance I am discussing, whether kudos to someone who has been there or some ignoramus who got in my way.
Someone had said specifically not to name him on the internet. I’m not so sure I would have reason to anyway, but he got me thinking about people’s privacy. I don’t need to publicly call out or embarrass people even if they deserve it. I’m not afraid to, believe me. But I am better at holding my tongue than most people realize, if there is nothing to be gained from the ensuing argument. I’m not afraid to pick fights, but I am just smart enough to choose my battles.
To those who would want to be named for their good deeds, you have my advance apologies. If I tell people of intent to mention them, they might want an advance read, and I’m not going to open myself up to potential content editing on my own blog. Those who I appreciate know it, even if other shades of gray creep into relationships.
My regard for others’ privacy does not extend to doctors, you may have noticed. They work in the public and people should have as much input as possible when selecting people for their own care. I do strive for balance in my overall subjective experience, even if that is only really visible across several posts on a subject or event rather than in a single post. The search feature is enabled to find all posts that mention a specific doctor or term. The comments section for each post is also open. I may respond, but guarantee in advance I will only argue two cycles about a disagreement comment. I may also choose not to respond directly or do a "Feedback" post at a later time.
In a blog meant to be about my experiences as a diabetic and a blind guy, I think I have that right, just as you have the right to start your own blog.
But this is my party and I will decry if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment