Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blooderball Turkeys

Small vitreous hemorrhages do occur in the natural course of diabetic retinapathy. The sites I reviewed describe them similarly.
The hemorrhage comes from newer or weaker abnormal vessels. Those vessels bleed a little and the discharges enters the vitreous gel that fills the center cavity of the eye.
Because the vitreous gel has no nerve cells, it feels no pain or pressure. The sufferer of hemorrhages related to diabetic retinapathy alone see dark matter, sometimes tinged red, but usually black or grey. The floaters appear as tiny spots, or flecks of stuff, or in small masses of stringy cloud such as spider webs, the type found in corners, not the ornate stretching ones.
None of the sites I reviewed again in researching this blog describe a vitreous hemorrhage caused by diabetic retinapathy as a massive outlet of enough blood to fill both the venter of the eye and a cataract. All describe diabetic retinapathy caused hemorrhages as minor, even if the patients suffers recurring hemorrhages. None that I encountered describe a diabetic retinapathy hemorrhage as making the patient see bright crimson.
The massive blood letting I watched in my eye was a flow. I saw it start as I woke and I watched it spread throughout the eye in a matter of seconds, like the effects in cheesy horror movies when they end the opening credits with a falling wave of dripping blood.
I bring this up after some conversations about the blog and reviewing medical records from 1998. Dr. Kroschell did not think the isolated 1998 floater was necessarily related to retinapathy.
The doctor he referred me to listed the floater as a vitreous hemorrhage. In his examination, Dr. Arthur Geltzer used a specific phrase that I had heard before....

No comments:

Post a Comment