Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Rhode Island Motto: Hope

The jury’s still out on the overall success of the 19 January retina reattachment surgery. The biggest risks are past, but judging from the doc’s renewal of the course of antibiotic drops, some threats still linger.
I am also seeing differently but not as well as I was before the surgery.
The effect I experience now is not dissimilar from the original vitreous hemorrhage. The surgery left a pool of dark, dirty blood in the eye. That glob shakes and mixes with the saline solution that is now in the center of the eye to fog over everything. As the globs slowly dissipated, it further clouds the central visual field. This takes time to improve but is leaving me blinder than normal until the healing process progresses.
There are improvements of other sorts. My color vision improves in inconstant spurts. The haze that I look through is a clean sheen rather than ruddy or gray fogs.
Since Autumn, I could do little but "watch" as my vision deteriorated. While the vision is currently worse, U know have hope of it getting better. That’s a lot more than I had just a month ago, and I will hold on to it and look forward, even if I cannot currently see what I am looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment