Friday, February 24, 2012

Eye Strain

This blog has not fallen by the wayside for lack of interest. I write volumes in my head these days, but post retina reattachment surgery, eyestrain comes easily and quickly and I must prioritize responsibilities.
I’m pretty useless these days, and the healing processes of both the eye surgery and Charcot foot seems to be leaving me susceptible to every trifling ailment that nears.
Post surgery, the eye is worse while the healing process makes it slow way. I have multiple eye problems, so this stuff gets difficult to put briefly. The vision is worse but different.
My color vision is better, and in spurts is almost vivid. This seems a natural benefit of having had the crud-filled vitreous gel replaced with clean saline solution.
The general haze is worse, but it is cleaner and whiter. It seems as though I am looking into a foggy morning through a heavily steamed window. I can see less detail even at closer distances. By visual cues, I cannot positively identify people even at three feet away. I am fairly good at guessing by voice and shape, but nowhere to the extent I had been. At greater distances I cannot even be sure if anyone is there at all. Continuing to talk to people who have walked away is becoming quite common.
There has been minor improvement since last month’s surgery, but the going is slow. Before the surgery, there was only increasing decline. I still have no guarantees now, but I do have promise and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment