Thursday, December 22, 2011

Setback Patterns

The other part of the pattern in the setbacks of mini floater "hemorrhages" stood out more prominently after each incident: the recovery proved less complete.
The first had robbed me of night vision, to the point that I knew I could no longer drive at night. Getting lost in the neighborhood I grew up in had driven that point home.
By the summer after that fateful ride "home." not only was darkness vision absolutely atrocious, but my light sensitivity issues had also grown distressing. Nearby bright lights such as streetlights swelled to three times their actual size, yet my eyes could process less of the light that shone to the ground. My adjustment time when moving between bright and dark environs increased. Light would seem to stay in the eye, casting a hazy glow whether my eyes were open or closed after I looked away from the light source. I suspected that my pupils just weren’t working correctly. Without solicitation from me, my latest eye doctor confirmed that exact problem the first time he examined me. He said I have the most complicated eyes he had ever seen.
My close up vision deteriorated further. That particular malady became the most progressive loss during Autumn 2011, the period of steady loss without the catalyst of a floater eruption. Reading became not just difficult, but impossible. The pupil also noticeably worsened in this time. Darkness became nearly total under any circumstance, and any light proves too much, as if my eyes are always dilated. There’s either nowhere near enough light or far too much.
My color vision diminished to almost nothing. The essentials of contrasting color to mark edges and boundaries is lost to me. The television is a hazed out jumble of shades of gray with occasional reds and tints of paled blue. This is not a retinapathy issue; I still see vivid color through the right eye’s misaligned pinhole. The retinapathy issues remain the distortions in the center of my vision and the waves in straight lines and checkerboards. At bowling, the lanes \have a C-curve to my perspective.
We’re now past the solstice. The days are getting longer and brighter. It’s time to turn this around.

No comments:

Post a Comment