Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Excuses...

The blog has been neglected lately for a few reasons that accumulate enough to come across as excuses.
First, and always best, is that my eyesight continues to deteriorate. Everything’s harder for me, including the computer, and I can spend less time on here before my eyes just burn out.
That burning out limitations works a few other ways too. I am, eleven months after the reattachment surgery, still on four different eye drops, and some recent events temporarily necessitated a fifth. The drops greatly reduce my vision for a few hours afterwards.
Despite the fact that I am really and truly disabled, I have not yet divested myself of all old responsibilities and some of those became quite taxing over the last couple weeks. Things seem to be under control again. I impressed even myself with some of the things I can do blind and am grateful for the lesson that I could still do some things. But the other side of that coin is that I know I don’t want to be doing most of those things. The effort just takes too much out of me.
The last excuse is my favorite. I submitted a shelved novel to a publisher and got a nibble. There’s promise and potential but far from any type of guarantee, but such a chance needed to be pursued. Again, my functional computer time is physically limited and the holdover responsibilities interfered even with the full writing goal, but I got "a more traditional synopsis" out tonight, so can eke out some time to resume posts.
I will be turning back to general diabetic issues of diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment